Tuesday 3 August 2010

Proud of Self

Well I’ve got to be proud of me or who else is going to be! I managed a chapter of my book today, despite looking after Daniel all day.

I took him to the playground and wrote sitting on a broken ride. Then we went to our favourite cafe (The Old village Stores in Wolverley). I had yummy cake and latte and Daniel had his favourite pancakes. The owner of the cafe says she’s going to give him a special pancake award at the end of the summer for the most pancakes consumed! He then played in the brook and I wrote. He did manage to sit in the said brook and had to come home on a plastic bag for a complete change of clothes.

Maybe I can finish my novel during the summer holidays, as I’m sure he wasn’t really aware I was writing, apart from to ask me if I was still writing about Normans. Good news on that front too – the BBC have very kindly arranged a season of programmes about the Normans, so hopefully I’ll be able to do some of my research watching the tele. The summer seems to be speeding by already, so I’d better enjoy it while I can. I am resolving to live and write each day as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment