Sunday 22 August 2010

Time for Writing

My husband tends to drive at break-neck speed and this can make me feel quite nervous and stressed. I normally cling to the door handle. Yesterday I decided no more and opened my notebook as soon as we began our journey. I managed to write the second chapter of a possible entry to the Mills and Boon New Voices competition and felt far less stressed.

The dilemma is now – which story to enter in the competition? Choice 1 is a historical story set at the time of the Norman Conquest and Choice 2 is a very racy modern day story. For once it is nice to have the choice, but I suspect the debate will rage on until the start of the competition.

We are on holiday for another few days, so potentially I could have another four or five chapters written in the car by the end of the week. Here’s to stress free but action packed journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment