Sunday 19 September 2010

Active Imagination

I had a lovely time at writing group on Friday. I made a new friend, Susan Watson, who is having a book published next year with a fantastic title "Fat Girls and Fairy Cakes - A Recipe for Success!" by Rickshaw Publishing.

We had a talk by D.M. Harrison who writes westerns for Robert Hale. Apparently Robert Hale is the only British publisher handling westerns at the moment. I don’t normally read this genre, but it was fascinating getting an insight into her writing journey. I was so high when I came out I came home in a hovercraft! I think it goes to prove that writers should try to meet up with other writers to re-energise.

Big son went back to university on Friday night and I always feel strange when he does. This could have been the last summer he lives at home as he graduates next summer.

I continue to be fascinated by the feedback I am getting on my Mills and Boon New Voices story “Rosie’s Mystery Man” (www.romanceisnotdead.com). This is one of those stories that keeps playing out and evolving in my head. This one plays during the day and my historical one starts as soon as I get into bed! I was contemplating the feel of the tip of a steel sword and how to describe it on paper last night. Good job I have an over active imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive