Monday 6 July 2015

Update on A Year's Worth of Happy Moments

I thought I would update you on my most popular blog post to date - the one about my happiness jar. this blog received lots of interest and comments.

At the beginning of 2014, I read an article by Elizabeth Gilbert, who wrote Eat, Pray, Love and The Signature of All Things. She suggested keeping a happiness jar for the year. Basically, you start with an empty jar and put into it a note of anything that makes you happy or grateful during the year. I always have a daily positive thinking calendar, so used the back of the used pages for my notes.

My blog on 2 January 2015 detailed the things I had recorded during 2014. I am continuing the process and appear to be finding even more things to write happiness notes about in 2015. My jar already looks like this:-


So, am I feeling happier in general or is this process having a positive effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment