Friday 3 August 2012

RNA Conference 2012 – Talli Roland

The lovely Talli Roland, who always seems to have a smile, was talking about social networking. The crux of her talk was that she believes that your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc., should be viewed as a way of building relationships with people who may buy or recommend your books, rather than as a direct sales method.

I’m sure we’ve all befriended someone on these forums and immediately been bombarded with sales patter. I found Talli’s approach helpful, as it shows that as an unpublished writer there is still something I can be working on, and have fun with, which will, hopefully, lead to sales when I am eventually published. Goodness that sounded positive!

Check out a full report on Talli’s RNA talk here and her blog here.

As I mentioned on my previous blog, I went through a very strange phase after the conference, but I now have my writing mojo back. Actually I seem to be writing two novels at once in two different notebooks. Help! Has this happened to you? Can it work?

2 comments:

  1. will go and check out Talli's talk right now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowerpot - There are lots of great reports from the conference on the RNA site. Mx

    ReplyDelete