Merry Christmas to you all and best wishes for a happy and successful 2011.
In honour of the occasion, I thought I would note down a few Christmas memories.
1. Santa leaving our presents all over Mom and Dad’s bedroom and my parents were still asleep when we woke up.
2. Dad buying Mom a food processor and it wasn’t a popular choice.
3. The huge turkey which was Dad’s Christmas bonus from work. It sat in up in the fridge and turned us all off eating it.
4. The year I gave James a hamster and the rigmarole of getting the neighbours to hide it for me.
5. Mom’s ancient (70 plus years old) paper cottage that has always been on her Christmas trees.
6. The icicles I have hanging on my tree, which my Granddad obtained during the war.
7. The lovely huge chocolate boxes we used to get as children.
8. Boxing Day tea at my Pussy Nan’s.
9. My uncles plying my Nana Browning with Avocat.
10. My Dad’s abysmal attempts at charades.
11. Nana shaking the table cloth crumbs under the table when she thought no one was looking.
12. Huge family gatherings.
13. Boxing Day walks.
14. My sister being certain she had seen Santa with no clothes on!
Please add your own memories in comments.
- ► 2015 (12)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (49)
- ▼ December (9)